Monday 13 April 2009

God I hate my family...

Well, today was brilliant, obviously. Sarcasm. We went to Brighton to meet up with dad's uncle. Well he's technically his uncle but more like a brother/cousin type thing, 'cos he's only two years older than dad... Anyway, he's got three kids who are lik 9, 7 and 4... The reason I'm telling you this is to explain why I had to spend the day hanging out with my parents. I mean, as much as they piss me off, they're better than 9, 7 and 4 year olds. Back to the point.
I thought that the car journey would be horrible and stressfull and would involve a lot of shouting. It didn't. Thanks to modern technology, it went surprisingly smoothly. However, when we got there, my dad switched into one of his patronizing stressy moods, which piss me off the most. It's like every now and again he wants to check he still has power over me. Which he doesn't. But instead of accepting that fact and moving on with his life, he carries on with his annoyingness, which makes me want to listen to him even less, and it becomes this horrible vicious circle. I'm not sure why he decided to do that today. But it was really shitty.
The journey back was quite fun, surprisingly. It was really nice and sunny, so I listened to all my happy summery music, like Two Weeks In Hawaii - Hellogoodbye and The (After) Life Of The Party - Fall Out Boy and stuff like that. Really relaxing...
And then we got home, and now it's stressfull again. Thank fuck I'm staying over Indi's tomorrow night...

xoxo
Ruby

1 comment:

  1. Well, it is somewhat good to hear you are still alive ;). Don't get too angry at life though, take things in stride, being emo is not very good. Not to mention it restricts your performance when conquering all of the known universe for me :P.

    -George

    ReplyDelete